New: How to become a Friend of SWE!
Modified on: Sun, 27 Sep, 2020 at 10:41 PM
How to become a Friend of SWE!
SWE is pleased to offer “Friend of SWE” access to students and professionals outside of the United States. Through this program, people outside the United States receive the following: global-specific communications (events, global newsletter, etc.), member pricing to SWE events, and association with a global affiliate, if there is one nearby.
Friend of SWE Benefits:
- SWE Publications (digital) – All Together eNewsletter and SWE Magazine
- SWE Learning Tools – Access to one complimentary professional development webinar, online career center, K-12 outreach training material, and SWE Archives.
- Events – A discount code to receive member pricing for SWE’s annual conference.
- SWE Networking – Invitation to join or launch an SWE Global Affiliate.
For Students: How to become a Friend of SWE
Students must be located outside of the United States to be eligible for Friends of SWE. Students may sign-up via this link.
For Professionals: How to become a Friend of SWE
- Professionals outside of the United States must be associated with an Affiliate to be added as a Friend of SWE. We highly recommend professionals become paid members to access all SWE benefits. More information on how to join SWE as a member, benefits, and discounts can be found here.
- While we recommend full membership, professionals can be added as a Friend of SWE only by SWE Affiliate Leaders or Global Ambassadors.
- For Affiliate Leaders and Ambassadors starting a Global Affiliate, any individual on your application that is not already a member can be added as a Friend of SWE.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?