- 40% Technical Achievements: Discuss the nominee’s significant work experience, professional affiliations, patents, and publications of note.
- 40% SWE Participation: Discuss in detail any applicable leadership experiences in the nominee’s SWE Resume (local, regional and Society) that demonstrate her leadership in SWE.
- 20% Community Involvement: Discuss the organizations, positions within organizations, and specific activities that demonstrate the nominee’s leadership efforts in the community.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47130-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Technical Achievements; SWE Participation; Community Involvement; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Recommended for the SWE Distinguished New Engineer Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least four (4) and not more than five (5) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- The nominee’s SWE Section, Region or MAL must submit a support letter (no more than 2 pages) that is signed by two officers (one of whom must be the President, Section or MAL Representative, or Region Governor) and focuses on the selection criteria.
- At least one letter must be from a SWE member (different from the officers referenced above) who can elaborate on the nominee's SWE leadership experiences.
- At least one letter must be from the nominee’s current or past manager at her company or employer organization.
- At least one letter must be from a community organization or someone familiar with the nominee's community service leadership.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.