The candidate must have:
- Contributed to the advancement of women by mentoring those around her/him.
- Made a difference in the lives of many by affecting women at a variety of levels ranging from high school through more senior levels in relation to her/his position.
- Mentored multiple women over much of her/his career in a variety of settings.
- 70% Impact on Women Engineers: Discuss and provide evidence of the accomplishments and impacts of the candidate’s activities and her/his significance in mentoring. Describe how she/he serves as a mentor to those around her/him, including the variety of mentees’ experience level and setting and the longevity of the relationships.
- 20% Successes and Challenges: Discuss success stories and any challenges the nominee had to overcome in establishing her/his mentoring relationships and maintaining those relationships. Provide any personal anecdotes and information pertinent to the establishment of the program.
- 10% Leadership and Community Involvement: Describe participation in business, professional, community, and/or civic organizations.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47123-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,500 words
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Impact on Women Engineers; Successes and Challenges; Leadership and Community Involvement; Conclusion.
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Spark Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and their relationship to the nominee.
- At least two letters must come from a mentee of the nominee.
- At least one letter must come from a community or professional organization or someone familiar with the nominee’s community service or society participation.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.