- 50% Space Industry Breakthrough/Achievement: Discuss the engineering breakthrough or achievement that has been enabled and/or capabilities that have been enhanced, as demonstrated by operations in space (include launch dates); including the outcome, unique characteristics, how the horizons of space exploration were expanded, and peer recognition.
- 30% Personal Technical Contribution: Discuss the nominee’s personal technical (not management) contribution to the design and how it impacted the success of that program and the visionary aspect of the contribution. (Identify a specific launch date for a mission that actually demonstrated, in space, the technological innovation(s) contributed by the nominee.) Include evidence that the nominee made significant personal technical contributions to a program related to space and that the program itself is significant to the advancement of space technology or exploration.
- 20% Impact on the Future: Discuss the significance of the program’s effect on the future and exploration of space.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47121-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Space Industry Breakthrough/Achievement; Personal Technical Contribution; Impact on Future; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Resnik Challenger Medal.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- Supporting letters must be from people who are familiar enough with the candidate to be able to address one or more of the selection criteria.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.