- 60% Career Leadership Achievements: Discuss the significance of the achievements cited on behalf of the nominee and on the contributions of the nominee to the field of engineering. Describe how the candidate has impacted both the company that she works within as well as the teams she has led. Include discussion on the variety of leadership experiences across the organization, if applicable, and the impact on those teams.
- 25% External Leadership Activities: Discuss the nominee’s involvement in community or other organizations, positions within organizations, and specific activities that demonstrate the nominee’s leadership efforts in the community and for other volunteer organizations.
- 15% Contributions to the Mission of SWE: Discuss the nominee’s contributions to the mission of SWE: stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47120-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 3,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Career Leadership Achievements; External Leadership Activities; Contribution to the Mission of SWE; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Prism Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must be from someone familiar with the nominee’s engineering experience, specifically a manager of the nominee’s current employer.
- At least one letter must be from someone familiar with the nominee's external leadership activities.
- At least one letter must come from someone familiar with the nominee’s contributions to SWE’s mission.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.