- 60% Leadership as a Counselor: Discuss the nominee’s outstanding leadership as a SWE Counselor, particularly in creating enthusiasm and professionalism among section members. Include examples of recognition, honors, awards that support the nomination.
- 30% SWE Participation: Discuss the nominee’s participation in the SWE Collegiate Section and her participation in local, regional, and Society SWE activities, both collegiate and professional.
- 10% Participation in Other Activities: Discuss the counselor’s participation in other educational activities, technical activities, and professional societies.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47119-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 1,000 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Leadership as a Counselor; SWE Participation; Participation in Other Activities; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Recommended for the Outstanding SWE Counselor Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least two (2) and not more than three (3) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must be from an officer of the Collegiate Section.
- At least one letter must be from a member of the collegiate section, the Collegiate Section Faculty Advisor, or a professional SWE member familiar with the nominee’s work with the collegiate section.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
- The nominator must be a SWE Collegiate Member in good standing or a Faculty Advisor and belong to the section the SWE Counselor currently advises.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.