- 60% Leadership as an Advisor: Discuss the nominee’s outstanding leadership as an advisor, particularly in creating enthusiasm and professionalism among section members. Include examples of recognition, honors, and awards that support the nomination.
- 30% SWE Collegiate Section and Campus Participation: Discuss how the advisor is involved in the SWE collegiate section and also her participation in campus events and activities.
- 10% Participation in Other Activities: Discuss the advisor’s participation in other educational activities and professional societies, including, but not limited to, participation in SWE at the local, regional, and Society levels outside of the work with the collegiate section.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47117-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 1,000 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Leadership as an Advisor; SWE Collegiate Section and Campus Participation; Participation in Other Activities; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least two (2) and not more than three (3) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must be from an officer of the Collegiate Section.
- At least one letter must be from a member of the collegiate section, the section’s SWE Counselor, or a colleague/supervisor at the college/university familiar with the work the nominee has done with the collegiate section.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
- The nominator must be a SWE Professional or Collegiate Member in good standing and belong to the section the Faculty Advisor currently advises.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.