20% Global Technical and/or Management Achievements: Discuss the project or projects the team has worked on and the impact on the business.
20% Team Dynamics: Describe the team's roles and responsibilities, how conflict is managed, and how the team moves forward from setbacks.
20% Business Impact: The business impact due to the success of the project or projects; the project objectives and the team’s results demonstrating their ability to meet or exceed the project objectives.
40% Ability to Work through Global Team Challenges: Demonstrate the team’s innovative thinking and ability to work through the challenges faced by individuals who are geographically separated.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47115-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 3,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Global Technical and/or Management Achievements; Team Dynamics; Business Impact; Ability to Work through Global Team Challenges; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- An organizational chart, listing the team members, their project role(s), and their geographic locations. Length of 1 to 3 pages or less with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- The team’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Awarded team will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- An appendix with up to 2 pages of graphics or photos supporting the criteria may be submitted.
- At least two (2) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the team.
- Letters should be from people who are familiar enough with the team to be able to address one or more of the selection criteria.
- At least one letter must come from the project end-user, whether internal or external.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.