- 40% International Technical and/or Management Achievements: Discuss the significance of the current international leadership position and the evidence of her serving as a leader and role model within her organization. Describe her position within the organization, including types of responsibility involved in relevant positions, number of people reporting to particular positions (both direct and indirect), annual fiscal responsibility, overall size of employer’s organization and how the candidate’s position ranks in the company. Describe how she serves as a role model within her organization to women and men.
- 40% Global Impact on Business and Employees: Discuss the nominee’s impact on her global teams, including how she promotes diverse thoughts and supports an inclusive environment at her home office and abroad.
- 20% Extra-Curricular Leadership Activities as a Role Model: Discuss the nominee’s leadership as a role model to inspire others to attain high levels of accomplishment and how she has created a nurturing environment for other women in the workplace.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47114-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 3,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; International Technical and/or Management Achievements; Global Impact on Business and Employees; and Extra-Curricular Leadership Activities as a Role Model; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Global Leadership Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must come from a business reference who is familiar with the nominee’s global leadership experience.
- At least one letter must be from the nominee’s current or past manager at her company or employer organization during her global leadership experience.
- At least one letter must be from a community organization.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.