- 25% Company Background, Role of the Nominee, Company Vision, and Entrepreneurial Spirit: Provide a General Description of the company, year the company was founded, the products and/or services, and the current market. Also include the nominee’s title and job description or role within the company, including the percentage of the company owned by the nominee. Also discuss what sparked the establishment or engagement with the company.
- 25% Management Skills: Discuss the Business/Strategic plan, sales and/or marketing, engineering, and success measures of the company; include the nominee’s management philosophy.
- 25% Successes: Discuss areas the nominee has been most successful in addressing. Also discuss any personal or professional obstacles the nominee had to overcome in establishing, maintaining, and growing the business. Include how these obstacles were approached and conquered and if new obstacles evolved over time and how were they conquered. Also include the nominee’s secrets to success; what makes the company a successful business, what will ensure its future success, and how the nominee contributes to that success.
- 25% Leadership and Community Involvement: Provide details of the nominee’s participation in business, professional, community, and/or civic organizations, including any awards or other recognition the nominee has received. Please detail participation in SWE and the contributions SWE has made to the nominee’s professional growth. Also describe how participation in these organizations has helped the nominee to become the business leader that she is today.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47112-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,000 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered as follows:
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Company Background, Role of the Nominee, Company Vision, and Entrepreneurial Spirit; Management Skills; Successes; Leadership and Community Involvement; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 1 page or less. Optional for the Entrepreneur Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must be from suppliers or customers to the business.
- At least one letter must be from a civic organization or community leader.
- At least one letter must be from a SWE member discussing the qualities that the nominee has that exemplify true leadership in the business community.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.