- 80% Technical Achievements Demonstrating Leadership: Discuss the nominee’s active engagement in an engineering or technology profession and achievements demonstrating leadership in her profession. This should include details on her leadership role, what responsibilities she had in this role, and tangible results of the project/team.
- 20% Community Involvement and Leadership Activities: Discuss the nominee’s involvement in the community including the leadership roles held in community activities. Emphasis should be given to activities in which the nominee was leading an event or activity.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47110-Society-Of-Women-Engineers with category(ies) and years in each category clearly identified.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Technical Achievements Demonstrating Leadership; Community Involvement and Leadership Activities; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 3 pages or less. Optional for the Emerging Leader Awards.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- At least one letter must be from the nominee’s current or past manager at her company or employer organization.
- At least one letter must come from a team member on a project that he/she has recently led, or is currently leading. (should be within the last 3 years)
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.