- 75% Service to SWE: Discuss the nominee’s committed service, leadership and devotion to SWE, with focus on efforts that have enabled the Society to successfully fulfill its mission.
- 25% Contributions to SWE’s Framework: Discuss the nominee’s contributions to SWE, especially those that have become part of the Society’s framework upon which SWE, at any level, has been built over the years.
The following information constitutes a complete nomination:
- A completed application https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/47109-Society-Of-Women-Engineers.
- A formal statement:
- With 1.5 line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right).
- Maximum length of 2,500 words.
- Address each of the Selection Criteria above with each new section title bolded, underlined and centered.
- Include the following sections: Introduction; Service to SWE; Contributions to SWE’s Framework; Conclusion
- DO NOT include graphics or photos within the formal statement.
- The candidate’s resume (or curriculum vitae) with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 2 pages or less.
- The candidate’s SWE resume with single line spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, right). Length of 4 pages or less. Recommended for the Distinguished Service Award.
- The candidate’s biography of no more than 500 words to be used as a basis for SWE publications. The submitted biography may be edited for clarity/content and editorial style. Award recipients will be able to verify the biography before publication. Please do not include any proprietary information in the biography.
- At least three (3) and not more than four (4) supporting letters. Letters must clearly state who the recommender is and his or her relationship to the nominee.
- The nominee’s SWE Section, Region or MAL must submit a support letter (no more than 2 pages) that is signed by two officers (one of whom must be the President, Section or MAL Representative, or Region Governor) and focuses on the selection criteria.
- The remaining letters should address different activities and/or aspects of the nominee’s service to SWE.
- At least one letter must be from a member of the nominee’s Section, Region or MAL executive committee.
- At least one letter must come from someone who can put the nominee’s contributions in perspective at the local, regional, or Society committee level.
- All letters of recommendation require some form of authentication from the author. This can be a signature from the author, or an email header showing that the letter originated from the author. This is considered an electronic signature. Any letter without signature will be dropped from the package and may cause disqualification. Nominator is required to retain the documentation should SWE inquire for verification.
All above nomination materials must be compiled into one document and saved using the following naming format: AwardTitle_NomineeLastName.