1. I am currently a senior in high school, which scholarship application should I use?
Please use the incoming freshman scholarship application, which opens on March 1.
2. Do I need to be a member of SWE to be eligible for SWE scholarships?
No, you do not have to be a member of SWE to be eligible for SWE scholarships. However, some of the scholarships do require SWE membership.
3. How do I apply for more than one SWE scholarship?
There is one application to fill out and each applicant will be considered for all SWE scholarships she is eligible for.
4. I forgot I had already started an application and now I have two. What do I do?
Please contact us via the Message Center. You are only allowed one application.
5. Nothing happens when I login.
Please scroll down to the bottom of the Welcome page and look for an error message.
6. What if I am an international student?
International students studying or planning to study a SWE-approved program are welcome to apply for SWE scholarships. When entering state under the school sections, choose "other".
7. I will be a junior next year in my engineering curriculum, but a senior in credits. What should my class status be?
Please enter the class level that your school has identified you will be in the fall.
8. What if I do not have a School Address yet?
Enter your permanent address for your school address. You can update My Profile at any time prior to submitting your application. Once you submit your application changes are unable to be made.
9. How do I retrieve my SWE Member I.D.?
- You can get your member number by logging into SWE.org.
- If you do not have your login information, then choose "Retrieve a Lost Password" or "Forgot Your Password or Login ID". Enter your e-mail address and you will receive an email to re-set your password.
- Once you have logged in, your ID will display under your name in the upper right corner of the page. You may want to check your record to confirm your membership is current.
- If you are still unable to locate your I.D., please email email@example.com.
10. What if I do not receive my acceptance letter prior to the scholarship deadline?
If you do receive your acceptance letter prior to the scholarship deadline, then please attach it to your application as instructed in the application. If you do not receive your acceptance letter prior to the deadline, then please attach a document noting this. You can enter a zero or not available for student I.D. number to submit your application.
If you are selected for a scholarship, then we will request proof of acceptance from you. If you decide on a different school and major than what you submitted, this could also affect your eligibility for some scholarships.
If there is a chance that your acceptance letter will arrive prior to the deadline, then please do not submit your application ahead of time. Once you submit you will not be able to make changes.
Please continue to use the Message Center in the SWE Scholarship System for communications.
11. Why am I not receiving e-mails from the SWE Scholarship System?
The e-mails may have been quarantined to a spam folder. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail safe list. You can also direct your references to do the same.
12. What is SWE looking for besides GPA?
SWE considers academic achievements, participation in extra-curricular/volunteer activities and enthusiasm for engineering. We are looking for involvement in engineering organizations beyond joining and attending events/meetings. Even if you can't become an officer or chair of a committee as a freshman, we recommend participation to show you are committed and involved.
13. When will you notify scholarships recipients?
Recipients of sophomore through graduate student scholarships will typically be notified in May and recipients of freshman scholarships in July. Note that some of the SWE scholarships are not restricted by class level. Thus, we must process freshmen applications before identifying recipients.
14. How do I withdraw my scholarship?
Please send a message via the Message Center to request that your application be withdrawn.
15. What are the application statuses? How do I know if I have completed all requirements?
The application statuses are:
- In Progress - The application is started, but not finished. The application can be edited. Reference contact information can be submitted and references can submit their recommendations. Your application is not eligible for review after deadline.
- Submitted - The application has been submitted and can no longer be edited. Reference contact information can be submitted and references can submit their recommendations. Your application is not eligible for review after deadline.
- Completed - These items have all been submitted by you by the due date: The application and contact information for 2 references. Also, both of your references must have submitted their recommendations by the references deadline. Your application is eligible for review after deadline.