- In 2014, Headquarters approached volunteer leadership to assist with the following member concerns:
- Volunteer burnout
- Limited resources including finances and volunteer leadership
- Inconsistent attendee experiences from registration, abstract review, logistics quality programming to marketing
- The SWE Board created a Region Conference taskforce to lay the groundwork for this transition
- SWE Headquarters (HQ) along with Taskforce members launched the WE Local program in July 2017
Learn more about WE Local by viewing the WE Local Digital Book: https://issuu.com/societyofwomenengineers1/docs/17-we_20local-024_20we_20local_20di.